20 January 2010

Good News From Iraq

In case you missed it, there were no US deaths in Iraq as a result of combat.
December was the first month since the beginning of the Iraq war in which there were no U.S. combat deaths, the U.S. military reported.
There were three noncombat fatalities.
"That is a very significant milestone for us as we continue to move forward, and I think that also speaks to the level of violence and how it has decreased over time," said Army Gen. Ray Odierno, the top U.S. commander in Iraq.


Good thing that surge was never gonna work, huh?
[Hillary] Clinton said of the surge, "I opposed it, based on what I knew about the situation before I went, and I'm even more strongly against it now because I think the chances for success are limited at best." Clinton made similar remarks on PBS' NewsHour, where she said, "I think that certainly our strategy has not succeeded, and I don't think there's any doubt about that anywhere, including in the White House. The question is, what do we do now going forward? And the President's proposal to add 21,500 troops in an escalation of the combat situation is not going to work."

Don't forget this nugget from April, 2007.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Thursday the war in Iraq is "lost," triggering an angry backlash by Republicans, who said the top Democrat had turned his back on the troops. The bleak assessment - the most pointed yet from Reid - came as the House voted 215-199 to uphold legislation ordering troops out of Iraq next year.


By: Brant

No comments: